There comes a time in a young woman’s life where its marking a teenage girl’s passage to early adulthood — its called a Sweet Sixteen. I personally didn’t have a Sweet Sixteen party because I already had my quinceañera (celebration of a girl’s fifteenth birthday by communities of people from Latin America… I’m Cuban-American).
For most girls, turning Sweet Sixteen is an important part of her transition into adulthood, and to some ladies… considered a close second to her wedding. That is why planning a Sweet Sixteen birthday party is something that should not be taken lightly as just another birthday party.
Pre-planning: 2 to 3 months before the bash
Planning a Sweet Sixteen party can take a lot of time depending on how detailed you want the party to be.
- Decide on a date. The date doesn’t have to fall exactly on the day of the birthday. It can be after. Make sure you consider the holidays and schedule accordingly. You don’t want an empty birthday party…… that just smells D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.
- Contact KCCC for a venue. Picking a location for such a big event can be a daunting task. You need to keep in mind how many guests you’ll be having and of course your budget. Of course, we here at the KCCC have you covered. Who will be attending? While some girls want an intimate party with just close friends and family, some will want a big, elaborate one. Be sure to plan out in advance the guest list so our staff can accommodate.
- Send save-the-dates notice. Since the big bash is months away, it’s a good idea to send a save-the-date magnet first so the guests will not plan anything on that date.
- Order an appropriate Sweet Sixteen invitation. Once you finalize the venue, date, and guest list it’s time to order your sweet sixteen invitations.
Planning a Sweet Sixteen Details: 2-8 weeks before the bash
During this phase of the planning you’ll be taking care of the important details of the party. You many need some help so don’t hesitate to ask us.
- Theme – pick out a theme that will make the party unforgettable for the birthday girl as well as the guest. Be sure to ask her opinion as she might already have something in mind. Young girls can be very creative!
- Food – this is where most of your budget will go. You can have the event catered or have a home-cooked buffet. If the event is at a restaurant, then be sure to check the menu ahead of time. Don’t forget to order the cake.
- Entertainment – a sweet sixteen party is not complete without a program that honors the birthday girl. Don’t forget the music…..PLEASE!!! Hire a DJ to play some of the most favorite music of the birthday girl. Make sure everyone is having a good time.
- Party favors – a good hostess will never let the guests go home without a sweet 16 party favor. It can be something edible like sweet 16 candy jars or chic like mini favor purses. Options are endless so be sure to match the favors to the style and personality of the birthday girl.
Remember: BUDGET…. BUDGET…..BUDGET. And have our staff at KCCC take care of your needs.
Hope this helps!!!
…Until next event.